Sunday, June 8, 2008

School's Out for Summer!

Hi All,

Well school's out for the girls and I and all we've done since then is go to my school and work. On Monday, a colleague and I packed two vans loads of stuff from my classroom and moved it to my new school. At the school I worked in this past year the principal had asked 20 teachers move their classrooms, and thus we were having quite the domino effect of moving classrooms. The teacher that was moving into my classroom was eager to move in so she helped me move my stuff on Monday even though school didn't end until Wednesday.

I must admit though that saying goodbye to my students is the hardest part of my job. Each one has made an impact in my heart and I hope that I have made a positive impact in theirs. I also received many very thoughtful and kind gifts. I must admit, I think I had the best kids in the whole school!

Thursday was Katie's last day of school and she went to a pool party at one of her friends house right after school, so Kristen and I went to my new school in Elburn and started the process of unpacking my new classroom. We continued this process on Friday and finally finished it yesterday.


Kristen has been very busy this week with finals on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, a farewell party for a friend that was moving this weekend on Thursday. A camping sleepover on Friday in preparation for Girls Camp at our church. (She is going to be a Youth Leader and they worked on preliminary planning for the camp that will be held in July.) Then on Saturday she went laser tagging with some friends and they ended up in our basement that evening to watch a movie.

This afternoon Lee and the girls and I enjoyed playing a game of "Spoons". It was quite the competitive game, yet just a few hours later I can't remember who won, but I do remember that I didn't lose. I guess the main thing is that we had fun! Have a great week!

Love,
Joey

No comments: