Monday, June 16, 2008

Heartland Hartman's

Hello Everyone,
I'm so happy to see all of the posts from everyone. I didn't know if anyone would care about doing this, but I guess they do. Shirl, I loved the you-tube link for Marengo's putt, putt event. It was quite creative. Was there a contest or something to for all of the courses? As to putting a picture or video on your post, you just need to look at the toolbar on the add post writing spot. The second icon from the right that shows just a picture is where you click to add a picture. If you want to add a video clip just click on the first icon from the right.

Mom, you've become such an athlete!! I didn't know that you had it in you. You go girl!! And as for Erik and Colette, keep 'em coming.

So as for news here, Kristen went on a three day pioneer trek. A group of youth from our church pulled handcarts through mud, up hills and over rivers. They also went three days without a shower and came home appreciating modern plumbing and electricity. Overall, it was quite a wonderful experience for her. We should be getting pictures next week and I'll post a few.

As for my second week of summer vacation, I attended a district training program for a new reading assessment pilot program all day on Monday and on Friday I began a week long 3 hour grad class on reading and literacy. After a 30 page paper at the end of the course I will be able to move to the next salary lane. Hurray!

Lee has made a good dent on cleaning up his log pile and enjoyed his first campfire of the season. He was in heaven. The girls painted him a beautiful ceramic box for Father's Day. It was made with a lot of love and looks great!

Katie has enjoyed summer vacation, playing with friends on the block and began Band camp today. As soon as the weather warms up a bit and it isn't raining, we hope to spend a lot of time at the pool.

Have a wonderful week.

Love,
Joey

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

Hi Joey!
The Putt Putt Challenge was basically for the kids and to get folks to come to town. They did give prizes, but I didn't really pay too much attention cause as an adult I knew I wasn't going to win anything. It was just a fun thing to do.