Sunday, March 3, 2013


Thursday – Today marked my baby’s 16th Birthday! That’s right Katie turned 16. I can’t believe it, where has the time gone? Part of her celebrations for this spectacular day included; getting donut holes for breakfast, and being taken out for a special dinner with her super parents Lee and I!  It was Katie’s choice for where to eat and she choose …. Texas Roadhouse. Afterwards, she went to Young Women and was treated to cupcakes. Not a bad Birthday if I do say so myself. (We will be celebrating more today – Sunday!)

Friday – Now that Katie’s 16 she’s old enough to go to Mormon Prom and surprise, surprise – she wants to go. While at work this day Katie called me and asked if I could take her and a friend prom dress shopping. So off we went and Katie found a cute dress for prom. We’ll post picture of this next weekend before prom. Once we got home, finished dinner and were all settled in we heard pounding on our front door. Katie’s eyes grew huge, I knowing what was up went to open the door and standing on our porch were about 15 teenage girls and their leader who had come to “kidnap” Katie for ice cream. She was totally surprised and had a great time.

Saturday – Laundry, grading papers, lunch out with Kristen, and Blackboard Wars (a docu-series) on TV was on the agenda. I kinda needed a slower day.

Sunday – Oh, how I love Sunday’s! We had the privilege of attending a 9 state, 61 Stake Conference via satellite at church today. Oh the wonders and benefits of modern technology! I enjoyed a wonderful nap and face timing with Erik and his family. Once again another blessing of modern technology, I love seeing what he and his cute sons are up to each week. It makes the distance between us seem so much closer. Oh, and how can I forget we just had a mini celebration for Katie? It’s kinda been her week of birthday celebrations. To sum things up, church, nap, modern technology, and birthday cake makes for a super Sunday! 

No comments: