Well Erik, here it is. You'll have to respond so I can see how long it takes for you to check the blog. For the rest of you, yes it's been awhile since I've last posted, but Erik informed me last Friday that I don't need to add a picture each time I blog, but I could just post a few thoughts. So here it goes…
The biggest news this week is that Katie turned 12, and as of today I no longer have a child in Primary after 24 years. WOW! Yep, Katie is now in Young Women's; a Beehive, imagine that!
Life is moving on, and that is good.
Anyway, we enjoyed a Saturday celebrating Katie's birthday. Lee and I began our celebration with Katie by taking her out for a Mom and Dad lunch at Applebees, and since we mentioned that it was her Birthday, they provided her with a complementary ice cream sundae. YUM! Then Katie and I were off to Target to purchase a new bedspread for her bed (Happy Birthday) and then to Meijer to purchase food for her party. We made one more stop before we went home however, to purchase an Oreo Ice Cream Cake at Dairy Queen.
That evening with our family room floor covered with balloons, and the kitchen island all decked out we had a Fondue Party for several of Katie's closest friends. We had three different fondue pots ready for the event; oil, cheese and of course chocolate!
All and all Katie felt that it was a wonderful day - what more can you ask for?
This upcoming week Kristen will be traveling to U of I to attend a BioTech field trip with her Genetics class. She'll be gone from Wednesday until Saturday. We will miss her.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hello,
Hope this didn't take to long to read. Good post Mom, I knew you could do it. Next step keep it up!!
Wow are you fast. I'll try to make this a weekly thing. Thanks for the encouragement Erik!
Post a Comment