Monday, August 4, 2008

Update from Aurora.

Hello Family,
Colette I love your posts! Thanks so much for keeping us all up to date with you and Erik, it makes the miles between us much closer, and … you motivate me to post a blog too!

I can't believe that summer is almost over for me. I report back to school Monday, August 18th. I've had a busy summer: I subbed for summer school for two weeks, spend a week taking a grad class, attended several one day trainings with my school district, enjoyed reading a lot of wonderful books, and sewed a bit. The girls and I have also enjoyed visiting the pool and volunteering at Feed Me Starving Children. But as I look towards the last two weeks of freedom I have mixed feelings as I'm excited about returning to the classroom, but there is always so much more I perhaps should have done, but haven't and probably won't. I guess that's life.

News with Kristen is that she is now employed at Loehman's. It's a store like TJ Max, but it's merchandise is more upscale. She has been training in Oak Brook for the past two weeks, which has been hard, but since it's on Lee's way to work he has been driving her and bringing her home. They are opening a new store about 1/2 mile from our home and thankfully has begun working there this week as they are loading the store for the grand opening this weekend.

We have a couple of pictures to share with everyone. First, we want to share Katie's first cucumber! She has planted several container gardens on our patio and this beauty was her first harvest. We ate it that night and it was delicious.


Some of her other plants include cherry tomatoes, tomatoes, and zucchini. We have enjoyed several zucchini and she also makes a mean zucchini bread with her delicious zucchini's. YUM!


One day last week Katie and I went to Color Me Mine where she enjoyed painting this lovely trivet.

Here's the final product.

Well hope all is well with the rest of the family. If you need help blogging, just let me know.

Love,
Joey

No comments: