Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New Bicycle!




This summer I had been saving up my money in order to buy a better transportation then what I currently have.  I was debating between a scooter or a road bicycle.  While I was thinking this through a scooter just didn't make that much sense.  If when I get to the student teaching part of my major I will need to get to the school that they will assign me to.  Well there is a possibility, a good possibility that where they assign me will be out of scooter range.  This to me made a scooter impractical.  So I decided and went ahead with buying a road bike.  I tried out several of them and finally settled on one.  I bought a 2008 Raleigh Grand Sport.  It is a gorgeous bicycle and one that will last me several years.  In other news I'm doing good.  A few weeks ago I went into the doctor's office and told them that I was not feeling as well as I should.  He ordered me to have a CT scan.  After waiting far too long, I finally got the results back.  It turns out that I had a fair amount of inflammation in my ileum (the ileum is where the small intestine meets the large intestine).  Luck for me I did not have anything which would cause me to have to undergo surgery.  The doctors once getting my results from my CT decided to double my dose of remicade (it used to be 5mg per Kg).  I went to the doctor's office again today and well I still am not feeling my best.  The doctor said the remicade is not a failure yet but has put me on Entocort (it's a steroid) to try and help me until the remicade can kick into full effect.  Anyways I thought people might be interested in knowing what has been going on in my life. 

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

Jacob,
What a super looking bike! I'm sure you will enjoy it, and get a lot of wonderful miles on it.
Mom