Saturday, August 14, 2010

This One's for You Bill!

The girls and I left for Girls Camp on a Sunday evening. We were driving down I65 a road I am not unfamiliar with since my grandparents lived in southern Indiana and I traveled on that road many times to visit them. Anyway, as we were nearing our designation the girls and I noticed many synchronized red flashing lights. We could figure what they were and since I hadn't traveled down this road for awhile I was puzzled. I didn't remember an airport being near Lafayette. Huh!!

As we got to the flashing red lights we realized that is was a field of wind turbines! Hundreds and hundreds of wind turbines!! On our way home during the daytime we took many pictures, but here are just a few.


They stood in a row and looked liked soldiers. Each row of turbines would face a different direction, I guess to catch the wind no matter which direction it blew.



I couldn't believe how many wind turbines there were and it went on for miles and miles.


Kristen said it reminder her of Europe. I on the other hand have never seen so many wind turbines and was quite fascinated by it all.

No comments: