My brother and daughter-in-law have joined the ranks of blogger's and I thought it might be nice to have a place where we can all come together and keep everyone up to date on their happenings. So, you are welcome to add to this blog whenever you like to post updates and pictures from your corner of the world. With modern technology our world seems smaller and smaller each day.
The Hartman's here in Aurora have been enjoying having a three day weekend. Saturday I went to a bridal shower for my friend Melinda's new daughter-in-law. Her son Russ eloped and got married in Hawaii in February. It was fun to be with her and her family again, and her new daughter-in-law seems like a real sweetie. Lee worked in the yard and all of us enjoyed a trip to Sam's club. Yipee, so much for an exciting Saturday. Today besides going to church I had a meeting in the afternoon with the youth of our ward, Lee went Home Teaching and we were home taught. Hopefully, if the weather holds up (it's suppost to rain) we will attend the the parade in Naperville tomorrow morning.
Other than that tomorrow we complete our normal weekly housekeeping and I need to bake 6 - 8 x8" cakes for an Iron Chef activity I have planned for the Young Women at church for Tuesday night. Their secret ingredient is the scriptures. They will need to decorate the top of the cake to depict a story or parable from the bible. It should be interesting! The Young Men are coming in for the last ten minutes to help us eat all of the cake.
Over the past couple of weeks, Kristen has been helping me label, and categorize my books at school. I have accumulated quite a few books this year and was having trouble keeping track of what I had. Since I teach grades K-5 I need books for my students to read at many levels. I accumulated my books through donations, goodwill, garage sales and of course Borders. Thus far since I began teaching two years ago I have become the proud owner of about 500 books. So you can see why I needed to get a handle on this.
Speaking of school, the girls and I are counting down until the end of the school year; we only have 7 more days, but who's counting. They are busy finishing up on end of the year assignments and finals (for Kristen). I'm getting ready to move to another school again. I told my kids this week at my school that I would be at another school next year and two of them cried. I felt terrible and I will definitely miss them, but I am looking forward to returning to the school that I taught in my first year.
Lee continues to keep busy at work and finished designing a printing large marketing posters for a client. He also is working on a newsletter this weekend. So if you're checking out this sight, please keep in mind that he didn't design it, he's been too busy. I'm somewhat like the plumbers wife, whose husband never has time to work in his own house. Have a wonderful week, and feel free to add to this web page.
Love,
Joey
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice Blog! Thanks for putting it together. I expect that with the competition your blog creates, the number of hits to my blog will decline dramatically!
Mike
Oh I doubt it. Nothing that I write could possibly be as exciting as the adventures of your travels with fires in the luggage compartment, long lines and missed planes and luggage. And I've got to remember how to download pictures. You know if you don't use it you lose it!
Joey
Post a Comment